With Packlink you can choose delivery services with cash on delivery (COD - Cash on Delivery) for domestic shipments for the following routes:
- Origin: Spain - Destination: Spain
- Origin: Italy - Destination: Italy
How does it work?
At the delivery time, the driver charges the recipient the agreed amount in cash. After receiving the money, he delivers the parcel. If the recipient does not pay, the driver does not make the delivery.
The cash delivery service has an additional cost on top of the shipping price, which varies depending on the transport company selected and the amount you request.
The shipment will not be made freight collect shipping (payment of the shipping cost at destination), as transport costs are prepaid online on our platform when you purchase the shipment.
Things to be aware of
- The maximum amount you can request is € 999.
- The driver does not carry change. To avoid incidents or delays the recipient must have the exact amount ready before delivery.
- Carriers register the amount charged for cash on delivery on the proof of delivery. Therefore, it is important that the recipient verifies that the amount to be paid is correct and keeps the payment receipt given by the driver.
For those services that require a mandatory label, it is indispensable that you print and place the shipping label on the package to ensure the collection and payment of the cash on delivery.
How can I add the service to my shipment?
During the purchase process, you can identify the services that offer cash on delivery by the following tag: Cash on delivery accepted.
In step 1. Shipment Details, you will find the Cash on delivery box. Select the option to add the service and indicate the following details:
- Amount of the cash on delivery: amount to be paid by the recipient at the delivery time.
- Account holder: name and surname or company name of the bank account holder where you want to receive the money.
- IBAN:the 24 digits of the bank account without spaces.
Before saving the account details, ensure that all data is correct and there are no misprints.
When and how will you receive the cash on delivery?
You will receive the cash on delivery amount by bank transfer to the Spanish bank account* that you detailed during the purchase flow, within 15 days from the day following delivery of the goods and collection from the recipient.
*Any international transfer request will have a surcharge of €5.00 to be paid by the contracting party for financial and administrative expenses.