The price displayed in search results on Packlink, includes the collection, transport and delivery of the shipment that you have contracted.
As a result, there may be extra charges in the following cases:
- Difference in weight or measurements.
Return of the goods back to the place of origin: in this case, Packlink may charge the user with an additional surcharge of the shipping cost from the location where the goods are to the place of origin.
- For shipments using the Chrono Classic service, the surcharge will be £20 + VAT, and for the Chrono Express service, £45 + VAT.
- Rerouting (delivery to an address different to the one provided in the original order).
- The collection and/or delivery attempts have been exceeded.
- Storage costs for a withheld package.
- Customs fees not paid by the recipient.
- Abandonment or destruction of a package.
- Irregular goods*.
*Goods that cannot be sealed or goods that require an additional control for classification. This may include, but it's not limited to:
- Parcels exceeding weight/dimensions indicated by the carrier.
- Parcels including liquids and with insufficient packaging.
- Bulky goods, for services that do not cover these shipments.
- Packlink will automatically charge additional fees using the same payment method you selected when you finalised your order.
- Packlink may charge a handling fee for all shipments with declared weight or measurements that are less than those audited by the contracted carrier (min £ 1). The surcharge (extra payment) will be 15% of the rate charged for weight or volume mismatch for amounts less than £ 20 and 20% for amounts over £ 20. This surcharge will apply in addition to any additional transportation charges that may be applicable. Example: you declare a weight of 5 kg, while the carrier detects 8 kg.