To open a claim, you must be the contract holder and contact Packlink. Please keep in mind to contact us always using the email address that was used to purchase the service.
What is Protect your Parcel?
When booking a shipment with Packlink, your item does not have any additional insurance cover. However, you can fully protect your shipment by adding enhanced compensation cover.
As long as your item is not included in the Prohibited and non-compensation items and has been packed according to our Packaging instructions, you can add protection to your shipment during the booking process:
How much does Insurance cost?
Our enhanced compensation costs 4% of the item value.
You can select this protection cover Available Options for your Shipments after selecting the chosen transport carrier of your order.
You can protect your shipment in the case of new goods up to €5000 and up to €2500 in the case of Second Hand Goods (maximum insurable value).
Please note, there is no basic or standard compensation cover for your shipment. Therefore, the purchase of enhanced compensation cover (additional insurance) will be required to protect your parcel in the event of damage or loss.
Can I make a claim for my parcel?
You can initiate a compensation claim in the following cases:
- Partial parcel loss;
- Parcel loss.
All claims made need to comply with the following terms:
- The deadline to submit a claim is 30 days from the dispatch date for all claim types (including damages).
- Contact with Packlink and/or chosen transport carrier for any shipment-related issue needs to be made within this time period to be eligible for compensation.
- Established contact with the carrier within the 30 days needs to be proven, (e.g. e-mail or chat history screenshots) to constitute the claim eligible.
If for any reason, your parcel is not delivered nor do you receive any update regarding your shipment through the online tracking system within this period, you need to contact our customer support deparment in order to initiate an investigation with the courier.
In what case will my compensation request be rejected?
You cannot make a compensation claim and, therefore, claims will be always rejected in the following cases:
You are sending items included in the Prohibited item list.
- You are sending items included in the Non-compensation items list.
- The package used does not follow our Packaging instructions.
- Labels are not applied to the parcel correctly How to apply the shipping label to the parcel.
- Claim was made after 30 calendar days from when the parcel was dispatched.
- You do not provide all the documents requested by customer service.
You make a claim using an email address that does not belong to the affected account or you have not made the claim through the Packlink online claim form.
How do I make a claim?
To submit a compensation claim contact Packlink customer support.
Remember that a compensation process always involves 2 mandatory steps:
- Investigation: We will ask you some questions (description of the parcel, packaging, etc) and we will contact the carrier, investigation may take up to 30 days.
- Claim acceptance: Once the investigation process is complete, the claim will be assigned to the claims department for final evaluation.
To start a claim for loss or damage click here: Damage or Loss claim form