With Packlink you can send surfboards and snowboards. However, you must pay special attention to their packaging.
It is essential that the board is protected internally to avoid any damage to the delicate parts of the board such as nose, deck and tail.
Items must be transported in packaging approved and accepted by the selected carrier, and according to our Packaging Guide. You will need a very resilient packaging, with reinforced borders to protect the item and immobilise it inside the box.
Only approved internal packaging, thanks to their unique properties, can prevent any damage during transportation:
- High compressive strength. The hexagonal cell structure has passed crush test with a weight of at 31,000 kg/square meter.
- Size adaptable to each board. The hexagonal cell structure allows excellent flexibility to adapt to all forms of surfboard, thanks also to the modular system and with a constant thickness of 30 mm around the whole board.
The packaging must protect the products from shocks, falls and vibrations, so it must act as a shock absorber. Items are handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 1.50 meters.
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Mouldable foam.
- Honeycomb cardboard (Flexi-Hex Sleeves).
- Expanded polyethylene - corners and profiles.
- Packing tape (resilient & good quality).
- Pack the board individually.
- Use expanded polyethylene to cover all the board's profiles.
- For added security, protect nose and tail of the board using mouldable foam.
- Wrap the whole item with a honeycomb cardboard.
- Place the board inside the double corrugated cardboard box.
- Make sure there are no gaps and that the contents cannot move.
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
In the event of damage, the Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.