Have you recently purchased a product from a Chinese store and you are not satisfied with it? Don't worry, with Packlink, you can book your return shipment to China!
Pay attention to these tips to avoid possible inconvenience with shipping:
- Read the return policy of the company from whom you bought your item.
- If the return policy is not clear to you, ask the company directly if they accept item returns with all carriers. If not, ask from which company they accept returns and if it requires any special procedures (return label, etc).
- If there is no inconvenience with the carrier or any special requirement to return the product to the company, verify the complete delivery address with the seller.
- Ask for the address in English, the Chinese alphabet characters are not accepted in all of the informatics systems of the carriers.
- Request a valid contact phone and an e-mail address.
- Confirm that the recipient will assume taxes or duties in the destination, otherwise, you will have to assume them.
Once you have all data and seller has confirmed that there is no inconvenience in shipping on your own, pay attention to the documentation you must provide for customs clearance:
- Copy of your ID (National ID/Drivers license/Passport, depending on the case).
- Customs invoice (to be completed in English)
Do not forget to properly describe the items on the customs invoice, and detail their correct value, even if the seller tells you otherwise. If customs authorities find that the declared value or description of the product does not correspond to the reality, they can retain your shipment and suffering an important delay, it can even be confiscated.
If you need information about customs in China, you can visit their website in English version here