The following text will provide you with information on how to contact us if you have any questions about privacy and data protection.
We must have a legal justification to process your personal data, and this policy explains how we act in accordance with the law with respect to each of the purposes for which your information is stored and used. In general, we are authorised to process your personal information where necessary in connection with a contract between Packlink and the user (such as an agreement to supply products or services), to comply with our legal obligations, or if we have a legitimate interest in doing so, with the interests of the customer prevailing.
Please bear in mind that access links from our website may lead you to external websites that are not covered by this Policy. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of any and all third parties before submitting personal information. PACKLINK SHIPPING, S.L. will not be responsible for the content, function or collection of information by external websites.
What information do we obtain and how?
You are not required, by law or by contract with us, to provide personal information through our website. It will only be requested when it is strictly necessary in order to provide a service that you have requested.
What information do you provide us?
Information may be requested when the following circumstances exist:
- When a user requests our products or services.
- Using and browsing our website.
- Telephone calls, correspondence via e-mail or publications.
- Applying for or a job.
This information shall include the following data:
- Identification, such as your full name and job position.
- Postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Other information relevant to using our website and our services, such as preferences, studies, answers and opinions at the Marketing level.
- Information about your shipment, including the recipient.
- Tax information (for international shipments).
- Payment information (this information is protected and processed by our payment provider).
- In relation to job applications, your CV, including information about your education and your career, as well as any other information included in the CV.
Information that we obtain through our website
When you visit our website, we may obtain the following information:
- Information about the User (electronic device) provided by your internet browser.
- If you access through a third party, this information will be stored.
- If you associate your account with a third party, such as a Marketplace, to import items for a shipment, the necessary data to facilitate access will be recorded.
- The identification of devices (cookies/IP address) and general location for the prevention of fraud.
- Data on visits to our website and sources accessed, including, but not limited to, websites, links, traffic information, location, weblogs and other communication data.
- When orders originate through advertising sources, the source of each order will be recorded. The purpose is to analyse the effectiveness of this advertising; this information will not be used to study the customer’s profile.
- Our website is not directed at minors, and will not intentionally collect data from them.
Information we obtain through other sources
If you submit an application for a job position, criminal records could be requested through an approved agency. Also accessible is content that you have shared publicly, including on social media.
This list is not comprehensive and, in certain cases, additional information could be obtained to satisfy the purposes set forth in this policy.
Information we receive from other sources
You may have allowed other websites, services or third parties to share your information with us. This includes information that we receive about you if you have used other websites with which we work or other services we offer.
It also includes information provided by third parties with whom we work and to whom we supply our products and services, such as a Marketplace, E-commerce platforms, payment means providers, transport companies, technical support companies, and advertising companies.
How do we use your personal data?
Legal Justification for the use of your personal data
We guarantee that the use made of your personal data is covered by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Execution of the contract that is established with you.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- The achievement of our legitimate interests or those of third parties. Your interests will prevail over ours.
Use of personal data in compliance with legislation
The different ways that your personal data could be used in each of the legal frameworks are listed below:
1. Execution of the contract established with you.
a. To verify your identity
Your data could be used, if absolutely necessary, in order to comply with our legal obligations or to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, money laundering or other crimes.
b. To supply our products and services (additional supervision)
- The use of your personal data will be required for the execution of established contracts; for example, if you are registered as a customer. Your data will always be used within this context.
- To provide information about the contract between the user and Packlink.
- To provide you with information about our products and services related to your personal requirements (for example, merchandise transport needs and associated services, such as merchandise insurance).
- To confirm your identity.
- Attention to claims that require repairs or improvements to our products and services.
- To contact you in order to inform you about changes that may be made to our products and services.
- To manage our website, including solving problems, diagnositic solutions, statistical analyses, directed searches and tests in order to make our site even safer.
If you register a PACKLINK PRO account, we may use the telephone number you have provided us to give you specific information that we think should be helpful for you using your account. We emphasise that calls made to/from Packlink could be recorded and stored using third-party technology for the purpose of monitoring and training. Once these objectives have been complete, the call records will be erased.
If you submit your application for a job or request information, we will need to use your personal data as part of the selection process, in order to establish your aptness for the position applied for.
2. Use of personal data to comply with our legal obligations
- To comply with our Terms and Conditions and other Policies.
- Logistical Management and Planning, including Accounting and Auditing.
- The handling of legal disputes in which you are a party.
- The detection and Prevention of Fraud, money laundering and other crimes.
- The protection of the user and others from possible damages.
Your personal data could be used, when strictly necessary, in order to protect your interests or the interests of others. This includes crimes, such as identity theft, piracy or fraud.
3. Use of personal data in order to achieve our legitimate interests
a. To contact you to promote products or services that may be of interest to you.
Your personal data may be used to identify you and inform you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
The request to receive promotional e-mails or calls from PACKLINK is voluntary; you may request both, none, or one of the two. Your request will not affect the other products and services that you have purchased from us or that you may purchase in the future.
You may update your preferences at any time via the Settings area of your account. All information regarding the management of preferences may be found at our Help Center.
b. To contact you to announce important changes that may affect you, or to verify or update certain information.
We may use your personal information, on occasion, to answer your requests or to inform you about important changes.
We will use your personal data only when it is strictly necessary:
- To interact and respond to any request that you send us, or to any publication on social media where you have tagged us.
- To inform you about important changes at our company or to our policies.
- To verify or update any important personal information; for example, your bank details, if you have agreed to pay by direct debit (bank receipt), or if you have chosen C.O.D.
c. To answer any means of communication you send us, including calls, e-mails, real-time chats, publications and messages through social media.
d. To improve the operation of our company
With the aim of offering the best products, experiences and services, we could use your personal data, in the following cases:
- To check and improve existing products and services, and to develop new products and services.
- To check and improve our systems, processes and personnel, including training.
- To improve our site to make sure that the contents are presented in the most effective way for you and your electronic device.
- To measure and gauge the effectiveness of the advertising that we offer you and others, to present you with relevant, customised advertising.
- Market studies on our products in order to improve them. Third parties could be used as information processors, who will carry out studies.
Modification of Purposes
We will only use your personal data for the aforementioned purposes, unless it is reasonably concluded that they may be used for other reasons compatible with the original objectives. If we decide to use your personal data for unrelated purposes, you will be notified, and the legal grounds justifying the stated modification will be explained.
Please bear in mind that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, as per the aforestated cases, provided that this use is in compliance with legislation.
With whom do we share your personal information?
How do we share your personal information within our company?
We share the information you have provided with our staff in such a way that we can provide you with our products and services.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with certain third parties. For example:
- Internet Hosting Providers with whom we work, to maintain our website, infrastructures, services and applications.
- Carriers, to provide merchandise transport services.
- Contact Management Systems, for the sending of e-mails, instant messaging, messages through social media, and SMS.
- Suppliers that manage the opinions of customers about our products and services. We work with third parties acting as data processors, in order to obtain opinions, ratings, and comments from customers who have purchased our services through one of our websites.
In certain exceptional circumstances, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties, as in the following cases:
- If demanded by State Security Forces and Corps, as part of legal investigations and judicial processes.
- For the security and protection of our employees, our property, or public property.
- For the prevention or detection of crimes, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for cases of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- As part of a merger, or the sale of a business or assets; if this were to occur, the information would be shared with you through the interested buyer-seller.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your information will be kept until the necessary objectives for which it was obtained are completed. If we are providing you with a service, the information will be stored until the service is terminated.
If you submit an application for a job, or you send us your CV, we will keep your CV and any publications available on your social media accounts for a period of 12 months. If, on the other hand, your application is considered for a specific job, we will store your information for a longer period.
In other cases, we will keep your personal data until your account has been terminated, legal claims or disputes have been resolved, if any; and there is no risk of fraudulent activity. If your data is deleted, your account will become inactive.
How do we protect your data?
All necessary precautions will be taken so that your personal data is processed securely and in accordance with this policy.
We make sure that all the information you provide is transferred securely through our website, but we must bear in mind that the transmission of information via the Internet is not totally secure. Although all our resources are employed to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the total security of your information; therefore, any transmission you make will be your responsibility. Once we have received your information, it will be processed in accordance with the strictest security procedures and protocols to prevent unauthorised access.
The information will be stored and processed, whenever possible, within the E.U. In the event that this is not possible for third parties, it is agreed that the information will be processed according to the Privacy Shield Framework, the treaty between the U.S. and E.U. on Data Protection, or the standard clauses of the E.U.; that is, the contractual clauses commonly used in agreements between service providers and their customers to ensure that all data leaving the European Economic Area are transferred in accordance with the EU Data Protection Act.
All the information you provide us is hosted on security servers managed by third parties. Please bear in mind that you are responsible for the password that we have provided you, or that you have created yourself, to access certain areas of our site. We urge you not to share the password with anyone.
How can you help us keep your personal data secure?
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure that all personal data that you provide us through our website is kept and managed in a secure manner. PACKLINK SHIPPING, S.L. complies with the PCI Compliant Protocol, (established to protect the data of the owners of credit cards during and after a financial transaction). This platform uses sophisticated security devices in order to protect your personal information. You can keep your personal information safe, not only on our website, but when you provide your information to other online providers.
Here are some tips so that you can improve the security of your personal information:
- Use a modern operating system and a secure browser.
- Make sure that both have the latest security updates.
- Use secure passwords, and do not reuse them to access other websites.
- Do not share your passwords.
- Learn about how scam e-mails work and exercise extreme caution when you use your e-mail account.
- Be aware of the risks involved when using public Wi-Fi networks
What rights do you have with respect to your personal data?
The right to be informed
We have a legal obligation to provide you with concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible information about your personal data and its use. We have drafted this policy to do precisely this, but if you have any questions, or need more information, you can contact us through the Help Center.
You have the right to access your personal data
You have the right to be notified if we keep any of your personal data. If we still have it, you have the right to have a copy of it and answers to these questions:
- Why are we using your data?
- What classes of information are we using?
- Who have we shared your data with?
- How long do we plan to keep your information?
In order to preserve the security of your data, we will have to verify your identity before providing you with a copy of the information we have.
The first copy you request will be free. If you request more copies, we may charge you an administrative fee to cover our costs.
You have the right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data
If you have requested a copy of your personal information, you may notice an error, discrepancies or perhaps incompleteness. In this case, you can contact us and we will correct/include the requested data.
You have the right to unsubscribe
Sometimes, it will not be necessary for us to keep your personal data, when:
- The information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was kept.
- You express your lack of consent for the storage of your data, and we have no legal reason to continue using it.
- You do not consent to us continuing to use your personal data, and we have no reason to keep it.
- We have used your data illegally.
- We have received a legal directive that requires us to delete your personal data.
In the aforementioned cases, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. If you think one of these cases applies to you, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request a copy of the information, transferred to you, or a third party, in a compatible format.
Similarly, you have the right to obtain a copy of your data for your personal purposes. This right enables you to move, copy or transfer your personal data more easily from one IT system to another, in a secure way.
If you need to transfer a copy of your personal data to another organisation in an approved form and in a legible format, electronically, please contact us. This action is free.
You have the right to refuse Direct Marketing
You can notify us, at any time, if you prefer that your personal data not be used for Direct Marketing. If you do not wish to receive any of these notifications, you can request this in the following way:
In any e-mail from Marketing, you will find, at the bottom, a link where you can request to unsubscribe.
Or you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
You have the right to request that we stop using your personal data for our legitimate interests
Sometimes we use your personal information to achieve objectives that benefit both you and us:
- When we inform you about products or services that are similar to the ones you have been using.
- When we use your data to improve our company's operation.
- When we contact you to inform you about important changes.
Our goal is for your rights and your personal data to be adequately protected. If you believe that we are using your personal data in an unjustified way, and your rights are being violated, you have the right to file a claim.
Unless there is a force majeure cause involved, we will not continue to use your personal data.
In order to exercise your right to the use of your personal data, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to restrict the use of your personal data
You have the right to request the non-usage of your personal information, only the storage of a copy. This right may be exercised when the following circumstances occur:
- You have informed us that the information that we have is inaccurate, and we have not been able to verify it yet.
- You have informed us that you did not agree to the use of your information to achieve our legitimate interests, and we are evaluating your claim.
- We have used your data illegally, but you do not want us to delete your data.
- We do not need to use your personal data any longer, but you need us to keep a copy for an existing legal claim.
If you believe that you one of these cases applies to you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
You have rights related to the automated decisions that determine a user's profile/identification
Any automated decision is only used for the purpose of personalising the information we provide you. We will not use this format to make decisions with legal repercussions, or that affect you significantly. You also have the right not to be the object of such decisions. If you need to ask a question about this right, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At times, we obtain information from your device to improve our services, which will be used for statistical purposes about our visitors and how they use our site. This information will not contain any personal details.
The information will be collected through a cookie file. Cookies are automatically downloaded to your device. The cookie file is stored on your hard drive, as cookies contain information that is transferred to your hard drive. This action will help us improve our website and the service we offer you.
Access to Third Parties
You will notice that there are links to access third-party sites on our website. The websites of third parties usually have their own Privacy Policies, and we recommend that you review them. PACKLINK SHIPPING, S.L. is not responsible for third- party policies, and has no control over them.
Note for E-commerce and Marketplace users
Once you have registered as a PACKLINK PRO user, you can allow us to access your E-commerce or Marketplace account whenever it is compatible, to download information about the transport of goods, as well as delivery details. This access will be used only if you have granted us the opportune permission; otherwise we will not have access. Your PACKLINK password and your Marketplace or E-commerce password should be different.
This version was updated on 22th May 2018. For previous versions, please contact us.
If you wish to file a claim about obtaining and using your personal data, please contact us first so that we can handle your request. You can submit your claim directly by accessing the Help Center.
Our Data Protection Director can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com or the following postal address:
Packlink Shipping SL,
Calle Amaltea 9, 3rd Floor