Shipping labels must always be applied on the outside of the package.
We suggest to insert a second copy of the label inside the box, so in case the external copy comes off by accident the carrier will still be able to deliver the goods.
To ensure that you have correctly applied the label, simply follow these steps:
- After purchasing the label from post-sale download the PDF containing the label.
- If you do not have adhesive paper, you can also print the label on a normal sheet of paper and apply it to the package with adhesive tape. We recommend using a transparent plastic bag.
- Make sure you use a strong, transparent adhesive tape that does not cover the data on the label and the barcodes on the waybill.
- Place the label on the outside of the box, if possible on the widest side. Do not place it on a closing line or on the tape used to close the package.
- Make sure that the information on the label is correct and complete (sender and receiver details, and weight of the shipment). Remember that carrier systems do not recognize non-standard characters and accents (ß,ö/ä/ü,æ,ň,à, etc) so be sure to use the respective transcriptions (ss, oe/ae/ue,ae,n,a, etc). Always use only Western characters (thus avoiding, for example, Cyrillic, Mandarin, Greek, etc.) so that the information is transmitted correctly.
- You can also write additional information on the box with a pen, such as the recipient's phone but remember to always stick the Packlink label to your shipment.