If you want to send your tableware, you must consider that such fragile items require special protection.
In order to prepare correctly prepare your shipment, we recommend you follow the guidelines listed below. You will need a roll of brown paper (also called kraft paper) or bubble wrap, packing tape, and a new double walled cardboard box. Follow these steps and you will achieve the ideal packaging:
- Close the bottom part of the box with tape, follow the direction of the opening. Keep in mind that, generally, crockery is heavy so make sure it is properly sealed so it can hold the weight and prevent the tape from breaking and damaging the tableware during transit.
- Prepare a "mattress" with the brown paper at the bottom of the sealed box.
- Separate each piece and individually wrap them either with brown paper or bubble wrap.
- Align them vertically.
- Fill all the gaps with additional brown paper to prevent them from moving
- Close the box with the packing tape in the same direction as the box opening.
Once you've finished, you can measure and weight the package to start comparing services and saving money sending through Packlink!
You can ship fragile goods if you are extra careful about the packaging. Since the parcel will be handled on conveyor belts at different warehouses, it should also, as a safety precaution, be able to withstand a fall at least 1.5 meters.
- When shipping fragile goods, you must always use double walled cardboard boxes to protect the goods from impacts and ensure the box maintains its rigidness even when stacked with other parcels.
- Include packaging material on the top, bottom, and sides of the fragile item, with a thickness of at least 5 centimeters to avoid movements inside the parcel.
- Always use foam padding on the top and bottoms of the item, and ensure it adjusts perfectly to the shape of the item, so it is protected during transportation.