Have you purchased a product recently from a Chinese store and you are not satisfied with it? Don't worry, through Packlink you can book your return shipment to China!
Pay attention to these tips to avoid possible inconvenience with shipping:
- Read the return policy of the company where you bought.
- If the return policy is not clear for you, ask directly the company if they accept item returns with all carriers. If not, ask for what company they accept for returns and if it requires any special procedures (return label, etc).
- If there is no inconvenience with the carrier or any special requirement to return the product to the company, verify with the seller the complete delivery address.
- Ask for the address in English, because of the Chinese alphabet characters are not accepted in all the informatics systems of the carriers.
- Request a valid contact phone and an e-mail.
- Confirm that the recipient will assume taxes or duties in the destination, otherwise, you will have to assume them.
Once you have all data and seller has confirmed that there is no inconvenience in shipping on your own, pay attention to the documentation you must provide for customs clearance:
- Copy of your ID (DNI/NIE/Passport, depending on the case).
- Customs invoice
Do not forget to properly describe the items on the customs invoice, and detail their correct value, even though the seller tells you otherwise. If Customs finds that the declared value or description of the product does not correspond to the reality, they can retain your shipment and suffering an important delay, it can even be confiscated.
If you need information about customs in China, you can visit their website in English version here