If your shipment contains perishable food (meat, vegetables, fish, items that need refrigeration), we remind you that these items are part of the Prohibited articles, therefore, no compensation claim will be accepted in the case of problems with the transport. Non-perishable foods can be shipped.
TRANSPORT AT CONTROLLED TEMPERATURE
The term perishable food means any food that needs thermal conditioning for its preservation. The service we offer on the Packlink platform does not provide temperature-controlled services, for this reason, it is not allowed to send food that may arrive damaged.
Foods considered perishable are, for example:
- All dairy products (drinking milk, pasteurised, butter, cheese)
- Frozen meats
- Fresh meat or cold cuts
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Homemade or fresh pasta
- Seafood products
WHEN IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO SEND FOOD
It is not possible to send food:
- National transit shipments or European destinations if the items need to be transported at a controlled temperature. The shipping services offered by our site do not provide temperature-controlled services, for this reason, it is not allowed to send food that may arrive damaged.
- To non-European international destinations and / or with customs clearance. A series of specific import documentation is required from various insitutions, such as Technical Data Sheets of Origin and Product, FDA Code in the case of the USA, or other type of documentation in compliance with the current legislation against Bioterrorism.
- To Norway, it is not permitted to send solid or liquid food with standard packaging services for customs bureaucracies.
- To Finland and Sweden, it is not allowed to import alcohol even at a low alcohol percentage, including wine.
SHIPPING FOOD WITH DHL
In order to ensure that the customer is aware of the criteria and limitations for the transport of food with DHL, it is mandatory to sign a special letter of Indemnity Food to be delivered to the courier / reception at the time of the delivery of the shipment. This letter is required for all shipments containing foodstuffs, regardless of destination.
Some examples of food that cannot be sent are:
Some examples of food and beverages allowed:
- Tinned food
- Instant Soup
- Raw pasta