In the rare event that the carrier does not pick up your shipment, you can reschedule the collection by following the steps below:
- Access the Packlink support page.
- Select the contact option related to shipment.
- Enter your Order ID.
- This is an alphanumeric code of 32 digits that includes letters, and numbers and is divided by dashes (Example: 450p8212-a29c-46k7-i774-2023l5121185). You can find it in the service confirmation email sent to you by Packlink after completing the shipment purchase.
- Click Send info.
- Go to the bottom of your post-sales page and in the section Need more help?, click Contact Us.
- Select the Pickup option.
- Select the new collection date in the calendar.
- Important The collection services are not available on weekends and public holidays.
- Complete the required fields by adding your comments or information to be taken into account for the collection and click Send.
Our customer service agents will attend to your request and confirm the new pickup as soon as possible.
Why has my parcel not been collected?
The most common reasons why a parcel is not picked up are listed below:
- Sender absent: the sender was not present at the address during the agreed-upon time.
- Unidentified merchandise: the package does not have the shipping label or address sheet attached (depending on the contracted service).
- Incomplete/incorrect address: address details were not entered correctly when booking the shipment (missing building number, floor, or incorrect postal code). Additionally, many of these incidents occur when the address is that of a workplace. That's why, at Packlink, we recommend always specifying the company name.
- Insufficient/inadequate packaging: you should follow the guidelines outlined in the Packaging Guide to ensure that the merchandise can transit through the carrier's network.
- Difference in weight or measurements: the carrier detects discrepancies between the declared data and the actual values of the shipment. This occurs when the package is larger or heavier than what was indicated during the service booking.
- Driver off-route: the driver has reached the daily hour limit on the distribution route. This can be caused by delays in the driver's route due to traffic or other internal logistical issues.
- Unforeseen events: police investigations, roadworks, breakdowns or accidents with the route vehicle, restricted roads and access routes, excess merchandise in the route vehicle, adverse weather conditions, among others.
- Booking error: the carrier's system experienced an unexpected technical failure, and as a result, the pickup could not be formalized on the scheduled date.