An incident in shipping services occurs during the transit process. The most common incident types are: breakdowns or accidents with vehicle, roads and restricted access routes, an excess of merchandise, etc.
There are other types of incidents that are directly attributable to the sender or recipient, such as:
- Sender or recipient is absent
- Incomplete or incorrect address
- Insufficient or improper packaging
- Lack of labels or ambiguous labeling
- Lack of customs documents (invoice, double use letter, export permits, etc.)
- Lack of contact phone
- Lack of local contact phone in the country where the collection or delivery has to be made (in case of incidence, carriers will only call local numbers)
These type of incidents can be avoided for the shipment arrives in perfect condition in the expected time.
If you want to know how to avoid these incidents, you can read these articles below:
What is a label?
Are the labels mandatory?
If you have any questions, do not forget that we are available through the Help Center from Monday to Friday: 08:00h-20:00h