Below, we will show you how to proceed if your shipment has been damaged during transit:
- Sign the carriers's POD with "Damage acknowledged" or "Damaged".
- Keep the outer and inner packaging as you received it until the next contact. Sometimes carriers carry out an expert's report to assess the extent of the damage suffered by the goods.
- Take a detailed picture of the outer and inner packaging and the damaged goods. Try to make sure that the label of the courier with which the shipment was sent is also visible.
- We always advise you to photograph the goods as well as the internal and external packaging of the shipment before delivering it to the courier. By doing this, in case of damage, it will be easier to prove that the original packaging was made correctly.
Send the report to Packlink's Customer Service Department so they can tell you how to proceed.
Remember that proper packaging helps to prevent damage and is essential in order to lodge a claim with the insurance company within the prescribed period and enclosing the required documentation.
WHAT INFORMATION SHOULD I SEND IN ORDER TO INITIATE A COMPLAINT PROCEDURE?
Please note that carriers demand a detailed description of both the goods and the packaging in order to initiate the investigation.
When tracking is out of date and/or damage has occurred, you will always need to provide us with the following complete information:
- DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE SHIPPED GOODS (including model, colour, shape, etc.)
- DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PREDISPOSED PACKAGING (color, external labels attached to the package, handwritten, etc..)
- EXACT VALUE OF THE GOODS (attach purchase invoice - receipt or tax invoice - or sales invoice - e.g. Paypal receipt, copy of the buyer's bank transfer or price list of the goods sent)
In case of damage or tampering, you will also have to send
- THE POD OR OTHER RECEIPT SIGNED ON DELIVERY BY THE RECIPIENT
- PHOTOS OF THE GOODS AND BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PACKAGING
In case of damage or tampering, the complaint must include photographs of the package and the goods involved with a minimum of 4 attachments with the following characteristics:
- photo of the complete package (taken at a sufficient distance so that it is visible in the neck in its entirety)
- photo of the damaged goods (not just a single detail of the goods being damaged)
- photo of the outer packaging with visible courier label
- photo of the delivered goods packed with their inner packaging that has protected the contents during transport.
- if available, a photo of the goods and the packaging prepared before collection
Do not throw away the used packaging: Keep the damaged iteme as well as its packaging, the item must not be repaired or manipulated until the organised inspection is carried out.